viernes, 29 de junio de 2012

If you wanna be my Eurolovah...

For reasons that are irrelevant to the nature this post*, I found myself yesterday listening to this dreadful (and dreadfully catchty) song by "The Spice Girls", and I couldn't realize that the lyrics would fit pretty well an hypothetical musical about the current stage of the Eurocrisis; imagine the following happening during yesterday's summit: Monti, Rajoy and Hollande have exposed their demands and are asking Merkel what she wants in return. Suddenli, Merkel starts singing... 


 MERKEL: Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want. 
MONTI, RAJOY & HOLLANDE: So tell me what you want, what you really really want. 
MERKEL: I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want. 
MONTI, RAJOY & HOLLANDE So tell me what you want, what you really really want. 
MERKEL: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha. 
[M,R&H don't understand] 
MERKEL: If you want my future [Points to low-interest long-term German bunds] forget my past [Points to old newspaper about Germany breraking the stability pact] If you wanna get with me better make it fast. Now don't go wasting my precious time, get your act together [hands them a list of structural reforms] we could be just fine. 
[M,R&H are suspicious] 
MERKEL: I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.
M,R&H: So tell me what you want, what you really really want.
MERKEL: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha. If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends [Points to Bundesbankerhawks and FDP's MPs]. Make it last forever friendship never ends.
M,R&H: If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give...
MERKEL: Taking is too easy...
M,R&H: ...but that's the way it is. 
MERKEL: Oh, what do you think about that, now you know how I feel. Say you can handle my love are you for real. I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try, but if you really bug me then I'll say goodbye. 

*Stephen Colbert made a reference to the "Spice Girls" which I obviously didn't get.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario